Unit Standards, Goals, and Objectives
- CCSS.Math.Content.HSA.SSE.A.1.a Interpret parts of an expression, such as terms, factors, and coefficients.
- CCSS.Math.Content.HSA.SSE.A.1.b Interpret complicated expressions by viewing one or more of their parts as a single entity.
Choose and produce an equivalent form of an expression to reveal and explain
properties of the quantity represented by the expression.
Explain each step in solving a simple equation as following from the equality
of numbers asserted at the previous step, starting from the assumption that
the original equation has a solution. Construct a viable argument to justify
a solution method.
- HS.SI.1.1 Evaluate resources for reliability. (Reliability can be determined by currency, credibility, authority, etc. depending on the curriculum topic).
- HS.SI.1.2 Evaluate resources for point of view, bias, values, or intent of information
- .HS.SI.1.3 Evaluate content for relevance to the assigned task
- HS.TT.1.1 Use appropriate technology tools and other resources to access information
- HS.TT.1.2 Use appropriate technology tools and other resources to organize information
- HS.TT.1.3 Use appropriate technology tools and other resources to design products to share information with others
- Upon completing this unit, students will understand the properties of real numbers and how to apply them.
- The students will be able to differentiate between the different subgroups of real numbers.
- The students will be able to use the order of operations to evaluate expressions involving variables, coefficients, and the different operations.